Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ingrown toenail that i self cut and messed up?

I think i had an ingrown toenail. It wasnt infected or anything but when i squeezed the sides of it it kinda hurt. I decided to cut it and a little bit of the nail is now left over and i cant get to it. Its buried deep. WHat should i do? Im not tellin my parents or going to the doctors. Can it grow back out?? Will it grow infected.Ingrown toenail that i self cut and messed up?
I've been there-ingrown toenails are more common than you'd think. Tell your parents. They can get you set up with a trip to the doctor's office. The piece that's still buried in your toe will eventually get infected and hurt a lot more than it does now. The bigger issue is the way your nails are growing. You need a doctor to check it out and decide the best plan of attack. Like another poster said, the only part that hurts is the numbing injections-and I agree it's only about a 3 out of 10 in pain-and it's very fast. After that you won't feel a thing and it will be on it's way to growing right. You may have to have it worked on a few times or you may opt to just have the nail removed. Your doctor and you can discuss this after he looks at your situation.Ingrown toenail that i self cut and messed up?
you should definitely go to the doctors. It can get infected and in worse case scenarios if not treated, your toe will get amputated. I had ingrown toenail 4 times, and finally on my fourth surgery the doctor painted phenol acid (sounds bad but its not) to prevent my nail from growing. Yes at first i was scared on my first surgery but its not a painful process. All the doctor does it inject some numbing solution. That is the only part that hurts, but on a pain scale of 1-10 i would say it would be a 3. Once you have the numbing solution injected, you won't feel a thing, and you can relax while your foot doctor removes your nail. As for me,I had to get it removed 4 times because it kept growing back in and I got tired of going back and forth to get it removed. I know how you feel. When I first had my ingrown toenail I was scared to tell my parents, and I even looked online about it before getting surgery. But I eventually knew things would get bad if I left it alone. Plus, I played soccer so my soccer playing days would be over if I did not deal with it. So my advice is to get to a foot doctor and get it removed ASAP. Good luck!!
I know you don't want to but you really need to go to a doctor. Without the proper methods of resetting it, it will cause you much more pain with infection, not to mention the weird way it will grow back if it grows back at all. Regardless, you're in for the long haul; it took about a year for my boyfriend's to grow back right, and he had to go to the doctor's a few times. But please, tell your parents and get to the doctor before it gets worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment