Saturday, August 21, 2010

My poor dog has a split toenail. Is there anything that I can do to help it heal faster?

It seems to be split all the way back to her paw. It seems to only be painful occasionally. How can this be prevented from happening again in the future? My dog and I both thank you for any knowledge that you can provide to help us fix this problem.My poor dog has a split toenail. Is there anything that I can do to help it heal faster?
I'd take her to the vet to prevent infection and any other underlying problems.


To prevent it in the future, make sure to keep your dog's tails trimmed. [They shouldn't click on hard surfaces.]My poor dog has a split toenail. Is there anything that I can do to help it heal faster?
TELL YOUR VET THIS COULD BE SERIOS!!!
My dog had a split toenail on her dew paw so I took her to the vet. She clipped it right up to the paw. My dog gave a little yelp but that was all. She put powder on it to stop the bleeding and it gave her no problem. I think you should have a vet look at it if its the regular paw. It might turn into a more serious problem.
My dog has one too. Its cut in half. Its because she is always jumping on me and she runs around in gravil a lot. Maybe she chews on it , that would make it worse.
Theres nothing better than a visit to the Veterinarian. They can provide you medications to solve the problem fast and secure for the dog, don't trust home remedies at all for pet's!!!!!
Take your dog to the vet because this can get to be serious if it's not already.
Have you thought of using finger nail glue to close it up...My mom has done it when i was a kid good luck....
http://www.thedivadog.com/dog-grooming.a鈥?/a>





has great articles on dog grooming and nail care... Ouch, I'm sorry for that!
You should take her to the vet %26amp; have it cut back as far as possible - it will be painful for a second (like having a splinter removed) but then your dog will be fine. This will prevent an infection from going into her nail bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment