Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do I do if my toenail is nearly ripped off?

I accidently hit my big toe today and ripped most off my nail off. There is only the corner of the nail that is still attached. I have a constant throbbing pain now and don't know if to rip the nail off or not??What do I do if my toenail is nearly ripped off?
Get it removed by a doctor, soon u will have newWhat do I do if my toenail is nearly ripped off?
That happened to me recently but to one of my smaller toes. I just wrapped a band aid on the whole thing and waited until it stopped hurting. eventually the nail re-attached itself. I can't say if the same will happen to your big toe, but it might be less painful if you bandage it for a while. When it doesn't hurt so much, you can try cutting the part that came off. Then bandage it again until the nail has grown back. If you think the pain is really too much or if it starts looking like it's infected (pain, change in color, pus) then go see a doctor right away. Make sure to wash your toe %26amp; apply a disinfectant before bandaging.
I'd say either clip it off of rip the rest off if you can handle it. Same thing happened to me except it was a little toe not the big one, it grew back for me but idk if it's the same for the big toe.
i had the same problem, man. What i did was, use a scissor to cut off the broken part and keep the part thats still intact. what im worried about is, what would happen to the still intact piece of my nail when my new nail comes out :O
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment