Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Happens If I Take off my Toenail?

My big toenail is yellow and very think, i was wondering if i cut it off or ask a surgeon to cut it off what will happen? Will I grow another nail?What Happens If I Take off my Toenail?
Sounds like your taking this a bit too far. Have you tried treating the nail for a fungal infection or similar..? A quick trip to the docs should have you sorted in no time %26amp; without the pain.


Better still, consult a good chiropodist.What Happens If I Take off my Toenail?
if you do it yourself, it will hurt loads and loads and you could get a nasty infection init. Go to the docs and they can remove it safely, a new one will eventually grow back, unless its a reocuring problem and they can remove the nail bed also and it wont grow back
It will bloody hurt thats what happens.....pain!
pain
Not if he takes it off with the root.
ya
I have a toenail the same as this,which is also ingrowing, and I have cut it right back as far as it will go, but without taking the root out( I would not advise you to do that...even if you could) It didn't hurt to cut it back, and was so brittle it came way easily.I was hoping it woild grow back normal but always grows back the same. I had it tested, because I w as sure it was fungal nail disease, but It came back that it wasn't.
Yes.
My son had both big toenails removed as they were ingrown. They numb it first but bloody hell it hurts! They also make you sign something in case it grows back (one has already!)
I would definantly see a doctor about it. If you are only cutting it off for looks, I wouldn't do it. It could get very infected and maybe not ever or take a long time to grow back. Going to a doctor would prevent these things if you decide to go through with it.





Good luck!
yes but it'll be very painful once it's off I imagine
If its yellow and very thick - you have a fungal infection. They wont cut off a fungal nail - ask your doctor for turbinifine which should take the infection away. Other than that tea tree oil drops on twice a day but it takes about 6-9 months to see any improvement as the infection will just grow out with the nail.
Yellowing of the nail could be a nail dystrophy, but it could also mean that it is infected with a fungus, usually Taenia Rubrum. If the infection is deeply rooted sometimes the advice is to have the nail removed. This should be done by a professional and the new nail treated as it grows up. Consult a GP or a chiropodist.
I smashed my big toenail and it came off in Oct and now it's Jan and it has grown back halfway. So to answer your question, yes it will grow back. Sounds like with the yellow color and thickness of your nail, it may be fungal related. Ask your doctor about it. May be able to give you medication for it.
You will say ';ouch'; and you will hop around like a lunatic
well, for my friend's mom, skin just grew over the whole thing.....apparently it looks weir...i would say see a doctor about it first, and get their advice- they'll send you to a surgeon if it's really necessary (unless you're just doing it for cosmetic reasons) but usually a new nail doesnt grow back - as far as i know...
If they take off the whole thing you won't ever grow another one. They can put a fake one I think.
yes. eventually.

1 comment:

TaurenChieftain said...

"My big toenail is yellow and very think"
- i think it's a fungus.. go see a doctor.. for advices.. you can also try zeta clear, you can try it, it has no side effect and very effective.

yellowing of the toenails

Post a Comment