Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can i go to my regular family doctor to have an ingrown toenail removed?

If not who do i go to?Can i go to my regular family doctor to have an ingrown toenail removed?
I've worked with many family practitioners and they refer all their patients to podiatrist for this kind of problem. And why would you want someone who does not specialize in feet to dig deep and cut you like that? I've seen this procedure done and its not pretty. Your asking for trouble when you do that. Call a foot doctor.Can i go to my regular family doctor to have an ingrown toenail removed?
A lot of family doctors do not do this procedure. I would go to a podiatrist(foot doctor).
i did...my dr. just cut it out and cleaned it with antiseptic ...gave me antibiotics....it hurt but felt alot better once it was over

No comments:

Post a Comment