Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there such a thing as toenail replacement surgery?

My son had a very botched ingrown toenail removal surgery that has left his two big toes with small malformed toenails. He is very self conscious of this and I wonder if there is such a procedure as having an artificial toenail placed on the toes...not the cheap plastic ones in the drugstore, a real professional podiatrist doing the job. Does anyone know if this exists? Serious responses only please.Is there such a thing as toenail replacement surgery?
Theres surgery for everything nowadays...


talk to his doctorIs there such a thing as toenail replacement surgery?
I have the same problem %26amp; so did my sister (apparently these types of complications are common among people who have had surgery done to correct an ingrown toenail). I'm currently looking into options to get it corrected. I think I may just contact a plastic surgeon and see if they can do nething!

Report Abuse



I so desperately want to be confident wearing open-toed sandals in public again!!

Report Abuse



My little brother fraser, now 15 actually had his toenails removed on both big toes and it took around a year to heal, because of all the pain he went through and well thats the big toe the main one.





I hope Fraser does not have the same concern as your son as i know how daunting this can be, what a shame, i think if this toe has healed it should be ok.





Too be honest he may go through more pain than its worth, although i can understand that he would be self conscious.





yes i think you actually can get a replacement toe nail corrective surgery. Although i am really not sure weather it is being carried out in your local area, please refer to your son's gp or even further the surgeon who performed the removal and ask him weather this is possible. I do think it is although i wouldn't know who you could further elaborate on this.





I hope this has given you an insight into what lies ahead (if that makes any sense), Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment